INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We collect personal information by which you, or the device you are using, can be identified when you engage with our sites, mobile applications, call or email us or communicate with us through social media, or when you participate in events or other promotions. We also may obtain your personal information from our parent, affiliate or subsidiary companies, business partners and other third parties.
THE TYPES OF PERSONAL INFORMATION MAY INCLUDE:
- Your contact information (such as name, Twitter handle, postal and email address, or phone number)
- Contact information of friends or other people you would like us to contact
- Username and password for the account you may establish on our sites
- Payment details (including payment card number, security code, expiration date, cardholder name and billing address)
- Shipping information (including the shipping address and phone number)
- Information you provide by interacting with us through social media, including photographs
- Shopping behavior and preferences, and a record of the purchases you make on our websites
- Other details that you may submit to us or that may be included in the information provided to us by third parties
In addition, when you visit our websites or use our mobile applications, we may collect certain information by automated means, such as cookies.
We also may use third-party website analytics tools (such as Google) that collect information about visitor traffic on our sites and mobile applications. The information we may collect by automated means includes:
Information about the devices our visitors use to access the our sites (such as the IP address and the device, browser and operating system type)
- URLs that refer visitors to our sites
- Dates and times of visits to our sites
- Information regarding actions taken on our sites (such as page views and site navigation patterns)
- A general geographic location (such as country and city) from which a visitor accesses our sites
- Search terms that visitors use to reach our sites
HOW WE USE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We may use the information we obtain about you to:
- Register you for membership at our websites, and manage and maintain your membership account on the sites
- Provide you with the products or services you request
- Process, validate, confirm, verify, deliver and track your purchases (including by processing payment card transactions, arranging shipping and handling returns and refunds, and contacting you about your orders, including by telephone)
- Maintain a record of the purchases you make from us
- Respond to your questions and comments and provide customer support
- Communicate with you about our products, services, offers, events and promotions, and offer you products and services we believe may be of interest to you
- Enable you to communicate with us through our blogs, social networks and other interactive media
- Publish your testimonial, including on our websites and on social networks (if we choose to publish your testimonial, we will include only your first name, last initial, city and state)
- Manage your participation in our events, sweepstakes and other promotions
- Tailor our products and services to suit your personal interests and the manner in which visitors use our sites, applications and social media assets
- Operate, evaluate and improve our business and the products and services we offer
- Analyze and enhance our marketing communications and strategies (including by identifying when emails sent to you have been received and read)
- Analyze trends and statistics regarding visitors’ use of our sites, mobile applications and social media assets, and the purchases visitors make on our sites
- Protect against and prevent fraud, unauthorized transactions, claims and other liabilities, and manage risk exposure, including by identifying potential hackers and other unauthorized users
- Comply with applicable legal requirements and industry standards and our policies
- Participate with trusted cooperative database services partners. These services help us direct print catalogs, mailings and other marketing initiatives to appropriate purchasers and website visitors. Names and mailing addresses may be shared between participating parties in the cooperative database services. Credit card information and email addresses are not shared.
- We also may use the information we obtain about you in other ways for which we provide specific notice at the time of collection.
INFORMATION WE SHARE
We do not sell personal information about you to third parties. Your personal information is used by us as described in this Privacy Notice.
We may share the consumer data and personal information we collect (including name, address, and transaction information) with our parent, affiliate and subsidiary companies, with third party service providers that assist us with our marketing efforts, and with other marketers concerning products and services, offers, events and promotions that we believe may be of interest to you. We may also share personal information with our vendors and service providers who perform services on our behalf (for example, the US Postal Service and UPS) as necessary to perform those services or comply with legal requirements.
We also may disclose information about you (i) if we are required to do so by law or legal process (such as a court order), (ii) in response to a request by law enforcement authorities, or (iii) when we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical harm or financial loss or in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual illegal activity. We also reserve the right to transfer personal information we have about you in the event we sell, merge or transfer all or a portion of our business or assets. Following such a sale, merger or transfer, you may contact the entity to which we transferred your personal information with any inquiries concerning the processing of that information.
We offer you certain choices about what information we collect from you, how we use and disclose the information, and how we communicate with you.
You may withdraw any consent you previously provided to us or object at any time on legitimate grounds to the processing of your personal information. We will apply your preferences going forward. In some circumstances, withdrawing your consent to our use or disclosure of your personal information will mean that you cannot take advantage of certain offerings or site features.
- Marketing Emails. You may choose not to receive marketing email communications from us by clicking on the unsubscribe link in the marketing emails or by adjusting your email preferences using the online account you may establish on our sites.
- Geo-Location Information. When you use our sites on your mobile device, you may choose not to share your geo-location details with us by adjusting the device’s location services settings. For instructions on changing the relevant settings, please contact your service provider or device manufacturer.
- Cookies. Most browsers will tell you how to stop accepting new cookies, how to be notified when you receive a new cookie, and how to disable existing cookies. Please note, however, that without cookies you may not be able to take full advantage of all of our sites’ features. In addition, disabling cookies may cancel opt-outs that rely on cookies, such as web analytics or targeted advertising opt-outs.
DO NOT TRACK POLICY
Our sites do not interpret and recognize Do Not Track codes.
As discussed elsewhere on this page, we do utilize third party advertising software and services. We cannot ensure that third party service providers comply with Do Not Track code. To avoid tracking by these third party partners, you can change your browser settings to reject cookies or to notify you when cookies are set and you could select the Do Not Track option on your browser, though we have no control over and cannot confirm whether third parties honor the Do Not Track browser signal. Additionally, many advertising companies are members of the NAI or DAA and/or provide opt-outs on those industry pages at networkadvertising.org/choices or aboutads.info/choices.
THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
You may review the personal information we maintain about you and update or correct inaccuracies in that information using the online account you have established on our websites. If you believe other personal information we maintain about you is inaccurate, you may request that we correct or amend that information by contacting us as indicated in the “How to Contact Us” section of this Privacy Notice.
HOW WE PROTECT PERSONAL INFORMATION
We maintain administrative, technical and physical safeguards designed to assist us in protecting the personal information we collect against accidental, unlawful or unauthorized destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure or use. For example, we use Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption to protect certain of your purchase information while in transit.
Please note that no electronic transmission of information can be entirely secure. We cannot guarantee that the security measures we have in place to safeguard personal information will never be defeated or fail, or that those measures will always be sufficient or effective.
To further protect yourself, you should safeguard your account user name and password and not share that information with anyone. You should also sign off your account and close your browser window when you have finished your visit to our sites. Please note that we will never ask for your account user name or password via email.
We do not direct our websites to children under the age of thirteen. We require users/customers of the site to be at least eighteen years old. If we learn that a user/customer is under eighteen years of age, we will promptly delete any personal information that the individual has provided to us.
UPDATES TO THIS PRIVACY NOTICE
This Privacy Notice may be updated periodically and without prior notice to you to reflect changes in our personal information practices. We will post a prominent notice on our websites to notify you of any significant changes to our Privacy Notice and indicate at the bottom of the notice when it was most recently updated.
HOW TO CONTACT US
If you have any questions or comments about this Privacy Notice, or if you would like us to update information we have about you or your preferences, please contact us by email at email@example.com or click here.
UPDATED: Sep 1, 2019